Make A Difference in Louisiana Psychology: Join-in the LPA Membership Campaign Today
The 2021 LPA Membership Campaign is now underway, with the dual goals of increasing memberships and seeking ways to better serve our members! During the 2021 membership campaign (October 1, 2021 thru January 31, 2022), new members enjoy membership benefits through December, 2022 and without dues renewal payment until January 1, 2023! And new members get free virtual registration to the LPA Fall/Winter Workshop! Plus new 2021 Psychology licensees and graduates (PhD & PsyD) join dues-free for their first year of membership!
Since 1948, LPA has been Louisiana’s premier organization, striving “to support and advance psychology as a science, as a profession, and as a means of promoting health, education, and human welfare.” LPA is inclusive of the great diversity of psychology in LA, both applied and scientific, and across all specialties and professional activities, promoting psychological science and service, professionally and legislatively. Here are just a few of the many benefits of LPA membership:
- ListServ – Participate on the LPA ListServ regularly joining-in electronic communications with member psychologists across the state for purposes of networking, referrals, and information sharing.
- Fall & Spring Conferences – Up to 18 hours of premium-quality continuing education offerings by national experts at each conference and offered at a discount to members; Also, Lunch & Learn dialogues and networking with colleagues; presentations of the latest psychological research at the Science Café; updates by the state licensing board and on state legislative efforts; participation in LPA governance, and much more!
- Advocacy – Contribute to LPA’s assertive legislative and advocacy endeavors affecting our profession.”
- Find a Psychologist – This awesome LPA website feature enables both members and the public to query the member data base to find a psychologist with the needed expertise for service or consultation in their locale
- Interest Groups – Organized to serve the interests of various groups of members, such as: Private Practice; Academic/Scientific; School Psychology; VA Psychology; Neuropsychology; Medical Psychology, and more, typically meeting at conferences and through on-line ZOOM meetings.
- Colleague Assistance Program & Help Line – Support for your practice questions/ concerns.
- Speakers Bureau – Through the Speakers Bureau members can volunteer to provide presentations and workshops as a community service on topics of interest and concern to the public, also providing visibility of their particular expertise and services in their communities.
- Links to APA & local societies of psychology * LPA Website & Newsletter * Socials * and More
Questions, interests or concerns? Please feel free to contact:
Randy Lemoine, Ph.D.
Membership & Member Services Committee Chair