CALL FOR POSTERS
2023 SPRING CONVENTION
Friday and Saturday, June 9th and 10th, 2023
University Medical Center – Convention Center
2000 Canal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
LPA is celebrating its 75th year anniversary in 2023
“LPA at 75: Celebrating the Past and Looking Toward the Future”
Poster Session: Friday 7:30 am – 9:30 am
Instructions for Poster Proposal Submissions
LPA will be accepting proposals for poster presentations of scientific and clinical research from two different categories: original data collection and evidence-based practice. All proposals should exhibit a focus on empirical research and/or clinical study. Please submit the following by email to email@example.com by April 15th: You will be notified by May 5th, 2023, regarding your application status.
- Poster proposal application – attached
- 200-300 word MSWord proposal prepared according to APA publication guidelines – see below for content requirements.
Who May Submit Proposals
Any member or non-member (student, intern, post-doc, etc.) with a full LPA member sponsor and any LPA full member.
- Original Research – a research endeavor that involves the gathering of empirical data from participants.
Abstracts must include the following section headers in bold: Title, Authors & Affiliations, Objective, Method, Results, and Conclusion.
- Evidence-Based Practice – an examination of literature related to the implementation of psychological research. Abstracts must include the following section headers in bold: Title, Authors & Affiliations, Problem Description, Best Practices, and Future Directions.
All approved first authors must register for the convention. You will be notified by May 5th as to whether your poster has been approved for presentation. Once approved, please have the following prepared and ready by Friday, June 9th at 7:00 am in the poster area of the UMC Convention Center.
- Arrive by 7:00 am to set up your poster. Easels will be available for all poster submissions.
- Have your poster (max 48” wide by 36” tall) displayed and ready for attendees between 7:30 and 9:30 am
- Prepare a 2-3 minute “elevator speech” oral presentation for attendees.
Poster Awards – $75 gift card each (presented during Friday’s Lunch & Learn)
The deadline for submission is April 15, 2023 at 11:59PM. Proposals should be submitted electronically here.